185 g quick cooking oats (oatmeal), puree in blender
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ tsp seasoning spekoek
75 g sugar
50 grams of brown sugar
2 btr + 1 organic chicken egg white
100 g low-fat butter, melted
75 ml of orange juice
1 ½ tablespoons grated orange rind
200 gr organic carrots, finely grated
75 g cashew nuts, toasted, roughly chopped
How to make :
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius temperature. Grease a square baking pan size 18 x 20 x 6 cm diameter 20 cm, with a little canola oil. Cover with parchment paper.
2. Mix flour oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl spekoek. Stir well.
3. Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter (canola oil may be substituted). Stir well with wooden spoon until blended.
4. Enter the orange juice, orange peel, carrots and cashew nuts. Stir until all the batter is well blended.
5. Pour the batter into the pan, smooth. Bake in hot oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked. Remove and let cool.
6. Cut into pieces. Serve.