OATMEAL RECIPES FOR HEALTHY HEART
Oats can be cooked in a different ways with a variety of recipes to make your diet interesting with some new trials on cooking. Oats are rich in antioxidants, containing low calories and high amount of proteins and fiber which is good for heart health. Oats usually helps to remove the bad cholesterol from the body and reduces the risk of diabetes. Here are some simple oats recipes for your morning breakfast and evening snacks.
RAVA OATS IDLY
• Oats – 1 cup
• Rava/ wheat rava- ½ cup
• Curd – ½ cup
• Baking soda- ½ tsp
• Water – ½ cup
• Onion, Carrot, beans, capsicum, Coriander leaves, green chili - finely chopped
• Oil, salt and mustard seeds.
1. Roast oats in a dry pan and grind it to a porous powder; same way roast Rava and allow it to cool.
2. Warm up a pan, add oil and mustard seeds, and once they splatter add finely chopped onions, carrot, capsicum green chili and beans, sauté till the raw smell fade away.
3. Now put together the roasted rava and oats powders together add a little of baking soda, curd and water to make them into a mix paste in a separate vessel.
4. Add the vegetables that are fried to the mix paste and stir well.
5. Now grease the idly plate with a little of oil and fill with the mix. Now steam cook for 10 to 15 min. your delicious Rava oats idly is ready to serve with coconut chutni as a great combination for delicious taste.
PEANUT BUTTER OATS COOKIES
• Brown sugar - ½ cup
• Peanut butter / soft Butter – ½ cup
• Baking soda – 1 tsp
• All purpose flour or Maida – 1 cup
• Oats – 1 cup
• Vanilla essence
• Chocolate chips - ½ cup
• Chocó powder – ½ cup
• Eggs – 2 no
• A pinch of Salt
1. In a bowl add ½ cup of powdered sugar, butter and peanut butter and beat well to form a creamy paste.
2. Beat vanilla essence and the eggs separately till it foams well; now add to the creamy paste and mix.
3. Take a bowl add multipurpose flour, baking soda, ¼ tsp or a pinch of salt and cocoa powder. Mix them well for a quick blend, add oats and chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Now add the powder mix to the creamy paste and stir well to form a neat blend of the batter. You can also add raisins and nuts to the thick mix for taste.
5. Grease the tray or cups with butter and fill the batter to ¼ of the cup or leave small rounded shape cookies on the tray to be backed.
6. Heat the oven to 350°F, bake the cookies for 10 to 15 min, and do not over bake. When the cookies are firm to touch is the right stage.